September 2, 2014

Life Update

Holy crap!
This last week has been a crazy one. So crazy that my whole blogging schedule was just chucked out the window. I thought I would try to explain my absence in the form of a life update to catch y'all up on all the craziness.

Tucker as a baby!



Have I mentioned that I got a puppy? I mean he's almost a year old now but I don't really think I've mentioned him. Anyway, he's fabulous and amazing (of course). His name is Tucker Jax and he is a Yorkie.

Well, I love him to bits so when he was feeling sluggish and his jaws started to swell last week I started to freak out a bit. Turns out he was stung by a bee. It was a horrible experience for both of us. I thought he was bitten by a snake but the Vet was really cool, reassured me it was just a bee, and put my mind at ease when he showed me that Tucker loved the medicine he would have to take for the next couple of weeks. Seriously though, Tucker absolutely loves that medicine...I think he's actually going to miss it.


Our NEW House










My family and I are also moving...to a bigger and better house across town.

Which is really great but a pain in the butt. 
Mostly because it is actually a really slow process but we're getting there.

I've even started decorating my new room a bit. Let me know if y'all would like to see a post about my new found love for interior design! haha


I don't know why I'm showing this to the world but it perfectly describes
my weekend. That's me, my best friend, and my little sister. Don't judge.











On top of all that I've had to face the harsh reality that I am no longer a college student. :(
All of my friends...seriously, all of them...started college last week. 
That includes my best friend since daycare; my fellow Monogrammed Magnolia, Danielle (who started her senior year!); and my little sister. 
What's a girl to do without a crew like that? Well, by the time last week was coming to an end I was realizing just how hard of a time I was having actually dealing with everyone being gone and having fun at school without me. So I paid them all a visit and went to stay at my sister's apartment this past weekend.



The Carousel at the fair aka one of only 4 rides 










Turns out it was exactly what I needed. I loved seeing everyone and just roaming around my old stomping grounds plus the fair was in town!
After two days though, I felt incredibly old and worn completely out so I spent the day at my sister's apartment cleaning and acting like the old fart that I am.
Oh well, I'm still slowly coming to terms with the fact that my Year Off is fully underway but I feel like things are finally starting to look up. I even have a top secret plan in the works but that's for another update.







For now, I'll leave you with this little gem from my Instagram that I stole from @hellogiggles. They won't mind. 
Sometimes it's just nice to know you're not the only one that has no freaking clue what's going on. Thanks, Ricky Gervais and the lovely girls at Hello Giggles. 













until next time, darlings
xo


PS: I'm still playing catch-up so keep an eye out for my August Faves, Ipsy Review, and a few other bits and bobs left over from last month coming this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment