September 14, 2014

Wrapping It Up

I know I've mentioned it a ton but I really hate moving. It just throws everything out of whack. I haven't been able to keep up a good blogging schedule (which really grinds my gears) because I can't even keep up a good everyday life schedule lately.
I'm down to the bare bones at the old house so I keep forgetting that certain things I need to write a post about or review have already been packed away. It's just a total headache and I can't wait until this week is over and we will finally be all settled in under one roof. Fingers crossed.
Since I've been so frustrated with things not working out this week, I thought I would try to wrap up my thoughts, share some of my favorite links, and start this new week fresh. Hope you enjoy!


In case you're new here, I am a huge fan of Britney Spears AND Jimmy Fallon...not necessarily together but I'm not going to object if they do get together, especially if it's for The Tonight Show.
Earlier this week Brit Brit stopped by The Tonight Show to promote her new lingerie line, Intimate Britney (LOVE, but we couldn't be a bit more creative with the name?). With Britney being newly single Jimmy took it upon himself to sign the pop princess up for none other than Tinder and you can watch the video here.
Did you cringe? Cause I did.
I love how nervous Britney seems in the video. Is that weird?
I mean she's like a huge star in my book so I think it's just absolutely precious that she still gets nervous doing things like the celebrity staple that is late night tv. Whatever. I love you always, Britney. No shame!


Straight from Gala's Twitter...isn't she enchanting?



Gala Darling -
I don't even know where to begin with this wonderful human. Her blog is out of this world amazing and I could get lost in her posts for hours. She uses words like "badassery" and quotes The Craft all while taking on the incredible journey of bringing Radical Self Love to the masses. Let's just say that if you haven't checked her out then you absolutely, most definitely should.
Oh, she's just announced that she's releasing a book soon, Love & Sequins, so expect to hear my thoughts on that soon too.












- 'Why are elections for governor called "gubernatorial"? That's ridiculous.' -
This was a thought that struck me while reading a Jezebel article about Wendy Davis. I still haven't figured it out but there's a more pressing matter at hand.
The article was mostly the author's opinion on a journalist questioning whether or not Texas gubernatorial (there's that word again) candidate, Wendy Davis, told the truth when she claimed to have had two abortions in the 90s due to medical risks.
First of all, if you don't know who Wendy Davis is please educate yourself because she pretty much rocked my politics-loving world last summer. She filibustered an anti-abortion law on the Texas State Senate floor for 11-hours last year...but let's not get off on that tangent.
Well, Davis is now running for Governor of Texas and recently revealed that she had had two abortions done due to medical complications. While I question the timing of this reveal I don't question whether or not Davis is telling the truth. What kind of sicko would lie about having two abortions? However, there are people out there that are questioning Davis, such as journalist Dustin Siggins...and I think he is an absolute idiot. Go ahead, google his article and see if you agree with me, whether or not you agree with Davis.

- This is a very good read.-
Wonderfully written and thought provoking...it makes me want to write more. I'll let it speak for itself though.

Oh lord, I wish it still came on Monday 8/7c




-The Carrie Diaries -
I curse The CW with every episode I watch seeing as they cancelled this ridiculously awesome show. I'm just making my way through the second (and final) season now but I don't want it to end because I know when I do I will be writing a strongly worded email to someone somewhere begging for a third season.

- Am I the only one that goes through headphones like they're disposable? -
My new headphones have a short in them so they annoyingly only play music through one side meaning I can't stand to use them. However, I've realized that I don't want to exercise without listening to music but I don't want to listen to music out loud either. I know, I should get new headphones but I don't want to get a shit pair from Amazon just to have them break in a week and I don't want to pay ridiculous prices for a decent pair that could still short out in a week. It's a conundrum of epic proportions, believe me.









until next time,
xo

1 comment:

  1. This is great and I couldn't agree more!! Good luck with all of your packing and hang in there. Once you're done moving all will be well again!

    xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

    ReplyDelete