September 9, 2014

August Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Have I mentioned that I absolutely hate moving? Because I do.
While we're still not completely moved into the new house I just had to take a break from packing boxes and lugging them up and down stairs to write this review of last month's Ipsy Glam Bag...mostly because this month's is arriving soon. Oops.

August's theme was Beauty Schooled and I LOVE that!
What a great way to tie in the whole Back-to-School deal with great beauty products too. I'm not sure if it was their intent but I did notice that the products that I received were fairly basic, everyday items that beauty-beginners would be using. Perfect for a school themed bag if you ask me.
Let's start from the top. I wasn't too sure how I was going to feel about this Klorane Dry Shampoo, mostly because everything on the bottle was in French and that just reminded me too much of high school French class which was enough of a nightmare to never be reminded of it again.
I gave it a shot though, because I'm addicted to dry shampoo. My first thoughts were that I liked the nozzle and felt like it was really comfortable to use (is that weird?). Anyway, I suppose that doesn't matter so much because I don't know if that feature is carried over to the full size version too. I also really like that the product smelt nice, nothing too strong just natural and not powdery or fresh like some other dry shampoos I've tried. You definitely have to work this product into your hair though or you'll be left with a Bride-of-Frankenstein do that no one should have to deal with.

I'm already a huge fan of Dr. Brandt products from past Ipsy Glam Bags so I was super excited to see this product in my Glam Room. It's the Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer for oily/combination skin that can be used under or over makeup. Yep, you read that right, can be used over makeup too. I'm a big primer user so that was really intriguing to me but let me just say that when it says for oily to combination skin, it means it. I feel like I have combination skin that's more on the drier side so I thought this product would at least be good to help hide large pores along my T-zone, which it does wonderfully, but honestly this just got didn't look right after I applied my makeup. Not only does this primer have a harsh, chemically smell it also feels very slippery to the touch then dries out over the course of the day. I just felt like my makeup wasn't staying in place when I used this primer underneath and couldn't imagine it working any better over my makeup.
Ipsy is so hit or miss when it comes to eye shadows...but this one was a hit right from the start. First off, I love the packaging, the lid pops up to reveal a single Flying Solo shadow from J. Cat  Beauty but below that is also a little mirror and an extra small eye shadow sponge, perfect for traveling. This shade, Half Naked, is the perfect color for my skin tone in the summer. I love that it's a sheer peach with shimmer that can be used all over the lid, in the inner corners, or even as a cheek highlight. I love a good all-in-one product so this shadow definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

Oh. My. Gosh.
This lip balm is the best lip balm ever. Hands down. At least as far as all the lip balms that come in tubes like this go. From Jersey Shore Sun this Mongongo (still not sure how to pronounce that) Nutrient Dense Anti-Aging Lip Conditioner is so fabulous it had to have 4 flavors...Mandarin Green Orange Ginger, which is just as confusing as it's name. But I don't care about all that, it's just really good. So good in fact, I just had to stop typing just so I could put some more on. It feels like butter going across your lips, or something better than butter because that sounds gross, and keeps my lips hydrated for what seems like forever. I also like that it's Organic and made in the USA!
Now, for what I had waited all month for...Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.
I just don't even know where to begin with this mascara. When I heard that every Ipsy subscriber was going to receive a new Urban Decay product in their August Glam Bag I crossed my fingers that mine would be their new mascara. Well, it worked and I couldn't be happier.
Offering bigger, blacker, badder lashes that are "so intense, you might need a safe word." I don't understand why more people aren't talking about this mascara, it really does everything it says it will...I mean aside from the whole 50 Shades of Grey connotations. The formula is so creamy without being too wet and it really is blacker than black, so much so that my black eye liner paled in comparison. I definitely see this being my go-to mascara in the near future.
While August's products were an overall hit with me the actual bag was a little more than lack luster. It was down right awful. In fact, I've already chucked it. It was hard plastic and cheap. Definitely my least favorite bag so far, but that's okay the awesome products more than make up for it.

If you'd like to check out Ipsy for yourself just click here. If you're already a subscriber then leave a comment below letting me know what your favorite product from August's Glam Bag is.

until next time,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment