August 17, 2014

Top 5 Drugstore Beauty Products for Back to School

The Back to School series is back and I am so sorry for the delay. I've had a family emergency that's put things on hold the past few days but things are up and running once again. To reward y'all for your patience and the awesome response to the series so far stay tuned for a special bonus post coming soon.

When I think of Back to School Makeup I think "simple and affordable." So that is exactly what I wanted to bring to you today with this list of my Top 5 Drugstore Beauty Products that are specifically aimed for Back to School. All of these products are under $10 (some even under $5) and have been personally proven effective by your's truly. 
1.) You've gotta have a good base for your makeup and if you're anything like me you might be dealing with some breakouts going back to school. That's why I picked this lightweight but full coverage Flawless Finish Foundation from e.l.f. This is my favorite foundation-of-the-moment and you might have heard me mention it back in my One Brand, One Look post a couple of weeks ago. You don't want to go too heavy on the makeup in high school...save that for your club-hoppin' college days, kids...so this foundation is perfect for giving great coverage without getting too cakey and at $6 it is definitely a bargain. 

2.) I didn't actually start dealing with dark circles under my eyes until college but I can't even remember not compensating for them in my makeup routine so I've included my little miracle worker, Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser! This is definitely a holy grail beauty product for me and it is such a great lightweight but effective concealer that it is perfect for school too. The sponge tip applicator makes it super easy for beginners as well and at $7.99 it is a bit more pricey but won't break the bank.

3.) I was all about the powder back in high school. My oily acne-prone teenage skin practically demanded it but this next product probably could have kept me away from the compact so much. The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is my favorite powder to set and mattify my makeup as it is, key word of this post, lightweight but extremely effective. It's also easy to throw in your school bag just in case you think you might want to do a few locker mirror touch-ups.

4.) I had myself convinced that eye shadow was a mandatory part of my school uniform (not that I even wore a uniform to school but you get my drift) and this Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trio makes eye makeup a breeze. I love Walking on Eggshells because the colors are neutral yet versatile while keeping things soft enough for a day of class. At $2.99 you'll save enough to keep you're growing collection going. :)

5.) In my opinion a makeup look is not complete without a touch of mascara. The e.l.f. 3-in-1 Mascara volumizes, lengthens, and defines you're lashes in one fell swoop making it super easy when you're running late for homeroom. Coming in at $3 makes it one of my absolute favorite drugstore mascaras, like ever. 

BONUS ITEM

6.) Yea, I know, I said Top 5 but who doesn't love a good bonus. Like I said before, I had oily skin in high school so I would have absolutely loved having this product on hand back then. The Rimmel Stay Matte Primer is my favorite way to prep my makeup to last all day and at just $7.99 it is way more affordable than some of those other primers everyone goes on and on about. Just throw this stuff on before applying your foundation and you'll see that not only does your makeup stay in place through 5th period but that oil slick that was your T-zone is no more. 


You can get money back when purchasing these products and more when you sign up for Ebates! (Up to 4% back if you used the highlighted links) For more information check out You've Gotta Know About...Ebates or click the link below!



Leave me a comment below letting me know your favorite drugstore beauty product for back to school!
I'd love to hear your suggestions.

until next time, 
xo
Merisa


1 comment:

  1. If we want, we can learn everything from YouTube videos nowadays. But, it can be helpful having a professional experience.easy summer makeup lesson can be helpful if you learn through courses from professionals. This will help you to improve your skills too.

    ReplyDelete