January 21, 2014

The Essentials

With the semester finally underway we are yet again faced with the ultimate struggle...early mornings with nothing to wear! It's a girl's worst nightmare and it happens quite often, surprisingly enough.
However, I've got the end to all that pain and agony! 
I would like to present to you my no-fail formula for the perfect outfit, featuring elements that can be mixed and matched to fit every mood or hectic morning. 
Here are The Essentials!
(PS: You can check out all of the items featured in each look on my Polyvore page!)

A Classic Pop of Color

The ingredients for the perfect outfit are pretty much well explained by the picture above but let me break it down further for you.
1. Start with a basic white cami. When you find these bad boys on sell I suggest you stock up because you can literally wear them with anything!
2. A colorful cardi is both comfortable and stylish without being trendy.
3. A good pair of jeans. Whether you love a dark wash boyfriend jean like those featured above or skinny jeans that feel like a second skin, find your perfect match and add them to your Essentials.
4. A great pair of flats will never lead you wrong. I'm in love with this nude pair from Tory Burch because they can go with anything and a little birdie told me once that nude shoes make your legs look longer and we all want that!
5. A great bag can take you from school, work, and every event in between.
6. Adding a trendy element is the statement necklace. Most of these are classically understated like this pearl ribbon above.

Comfy Classy Cool


How comfy would this outfit be? A waffle knit card and boyfriend jeans, you just can't go wrong.

Ivy League Comfort

I love how classic and cool this style looks. Are you heading to class or your summer home in Rhode Island? No one will ever know!

Leave me comments letting me know what your go-to pieces are when you're getting ready in the morning!

until next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa




No comments:

Post a Comment