January 13, 2014

Spring Semester Trend Report 2014

Winter Break is officially over, say it ain't so! :(
Ahhh! I don't want it to end but sadly that pesky "real world" everyone keeps talking about is knocking on the door and we've all gotta answer. 
Just because I'm sad to see the end of my lazy days doesn't mean I'm sad to see the start of a new semester though! There's just something about the spring semester that gives everything a more optimistic turn and I'm taking that bit of optimism and running with it. 
That's why I've compiled a look into some of my favorite trends for this upcoming semester. Now, these might be trends you already know and love but that's kinda the point, these are trends that make me happy and excited to get dressed in the morning so let's have at it!
Who doesn't love a great statement necklace? I mean, they're kinda awesome. They have the ability to turn a casual tee or sweater into a glam outfit and add a brilliant pop of color to any outfit. In fact, I'm wearing a school spirited statement necklace from Charming Charlie (similar) for my last first day of classes!
If by some miracle I happened upon a large sum of money I would most likely spend the majority of my fortune on Tory Burch flats, I'm just being honest. Sadly, I do not have the kind of cash to blow on these little beauties but that doesn't mean flats are completely out. I LOVE flats whether they're Tory Burch, the Gap, or Target I love 'em all! A.) they're super comfy, B.) they can really dress up an outfit, and C.) they come in all different shapes, colors, and styles! What's not to love?!
I vow to start stepping outside of my comfort zone with flats, maybe I'll pick up a cute red pair like those pictured above!
In case you couldn't tell, this next trend is inspired by the lovely sarahbelle93x!
(You should totally go check out her YouTube channel, stalk her on Twitter, then crush on everything she does on Pinterest!)
I follow Sarah on like every social media platform...ever, so that pretty much means that I just drool over her incredible style all day, every day. Take this look she posted to her Instagram last week for example. Uhh, polka dots and camo?! Girl can style anything and that's why I've made mixing prints one of my trends to watch. It's time to be fun and fearless because well...YOLO!
Yes, that just happened, go with it.
 
This next trend is probably one only actually trending by me but I adore leopard print (that is just the print, not the actual fur. We're pro-animals 'round here!).
I will literally wear leopard print with anything. In fact, I'm wearing leopard shoes from Target right now! They're kinda my staple, I've had at least one pair of leopard print flats or Toms or something since I was a freshman in high school.
I might even try tossing in some leopard with another print soon to tackle that whole mixing prints trend from above. I'll keep ya posted on how it goes!

Good luck to anyone out there starting your spring semester today or very soon!

until next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa


No comments:

Post a Comment