January 8, 2014

What We Love Wednesday Haul

Just a quick disclaimer, this post has morphed into something much bigger than I intended. What started off as the usual What We Love Wednesday post turned into something crazy when I realized a.) I have way too many favorites at the moment and b.) my Lilly Pulitzer stuff came in today
Uh, hello! Of course I had to include Lilly in this post, because I love her! haha!
So, that's when I realized I was just going to call this a What We Love Wednesday Haul since it included so much stuff I've either picked up recently or received for Christmas. 
So here we go:

Makeup Favorites
For some reason the picture below is showing up really red on my screen even though it wasn't like that on my camera or when editing it so I'm sorry if that's the case for you too.
I'm also sorry for jamming everything in one picture, I was trying to hurry. Wow, this is becoming more of a disclaimer post. I'll stop now. 
Most of these products pictured below were new to be in December and they all became quick favorites.
  • Let's start with the pink bottle (great packaging) of L'Oreal Paris Color Vibrancy Dual Protect Spray. I'm going to be perfectly honest with you, I bought this because it was pink and sparkly. I know, I know, typical white girl. But, seriously, this product makes you reach for it on the shelves if just to shake up the bottle and see the sparkle. Now, when I say sparkle I don't mean there's glitter or anything it's like the product has an iridescent shine to it that's really eye catching. I really like that this product is a 2-in-1 with color and heat protection, but it also seems to really nourish my hair and almost works as an added conditioner which is always a plus in my book.
  • I picked up this next product last week when I spotted it in Walmart and I haven't looked back! It is amazing! I first heard of this type of brush in a few beauty guru YouTube videos when they mentioned the Tangle Teezer. I googled the product and then soon realized that it had yet to be released in the US and was a product mainly found in the UK. I was absolutely delighted to find this Goody dupe in the haircare aisle (for about half the price) and couldn't wait to take it home and try it out. Well, it's awesome and has totally replaced my glitter brush because I can use it on both wet and dry hair, which is what makes it so awesome!
  • I have never been a huge Twisted Peppermint fan but for some reason that all changed this year when I got a whole bag of Twisted Peppermint goodies from Bath & Body Works for Christmas. This hand cream is amazing and I am so glad B&BW are finally making separate hand and body lotions. It's also the perfect size to throw in your bag, which is what I do because what's my motto? Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
  • Going back to the little problem I mentioned in My Night Time Routine post about my eyes, I have been on the hunt for a really great, full coverage under eye concealer and I believe I have found it in Hard Candy's Lite Bright Whipped Brightening Concealer. I picked up the medium shade and I'm so glad I didn't go any lighter because as far as medium shades go this one is pretty light but it truly is a full coverage concealer and is perfect for brightening up your under eye area without drying you out.
  • I have found my perfect setting powder and it is Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder in Silky Beige! I love this stuff! It truly is stay matte and I will probably never use another powder, ever...well, until something better comes along, I suppose.
  • It's no secret that I love my girl, Britney Spears, but what I love more is her perfumes! ahh! I just love them all, especially Fantasy and I absolutely love that I got this little travel spray in a gift set for Christmas (Thanks, Best Friend Beth!). I love that it's a travel bottle but not a roller ball, because I'd much rather just spritz this stuff all over than roll it on.
  • These next two products are my absolute favorite lip colors from the past month and I am rotating between the two. The first is Rimmel's Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 103 (I hate that they don't have actual names). This is my favorite pink shade at the moment because it is just a few shades darker than my natural lip color, I don't know why that appeals to me so much but it does. I don't know if it's just me but when I put this on I taste/smell cucumbers. I don't know if there's cucumber in the product or if I'm just going crazy but I don't hate it, something I do hate is that this lipstick is a little on the drier side but if I put a good balm underneath or lip gloss overtop I don't seem to have too much trouble. The next color is Covergirl's LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Jam Twist 255. I was really stepping outside of my comfort zone with this color as it looked super dark in the store but after getting it home I loved it so much I wanted to go even darker. I love glossy lip crayons and I love the bright berry color of this balm, it's super smooth and super easy to apply too!

Random Favorites
Now, time for my random favorites, as if I didn't have enough already! haha
I am obsessed with these Blow Pop Minis, in fact I'm snacking on them right now as I type this! :)
They're like little tiny blow pop hard candies and I can't get enough of them.
You might recognize the candle from My Night Time Routine post earlier this week. I love this Champagne Toast candle from Bath & Body Works, the scent is not too overwhelming and the yellow wax actually adds to the glamorous glow when the candle is lit. 
I have been obsessed with list making and note taking lately and my sister gave me this adorable little metal notepad the other day and I've already jam packed the first few pages with my chicken scratch. It also helps keep my adorable chevron iPad stylus/pen handy in my bag!

Another random favorite is this awesome box set that I got for Christmas, it features the first four books of Cassandra Clare's Immortal Instruments Series. I've made it through a few chapters of the first book, City of Bones, and I honestly can't put it down. I'm definitely taking these suckers with me to school next week just in case I actually find a moment to finish them because they are too good to just sit in my room at home unloved.

Now for the real fun!

My Lilly Haul
If you happened to read my January 2014 Shopping Guide then you will have known that this past Monday & Tuesday marked the Lilly Pulitzer New Year Cheer Sale on lillypulitzer.com
Well, I went a little crazy and by crazy I mean I woke up at 8 am to be the first to shop the sale, and it paid off!
I scored this adorable tote in I've Got Butterflies for less than $30 and I must say it was well worth it. This bag actually seems much sturdier and durable than my other Lilly bags that cost much more. 
None of my beloved Lulu items were on sale but I just couldn't help myself, I picked up the iPhone case to match my iPad mini case (which I got from my roomie for Christmas! Thanks, Little Beth!) and my agenda!
I also couldn't resist the little ear buds in Lucky Charm.

When I spotted the Lilly Christmas Stockings on sale I just couldn't pass it up! I was a little worried because I wasn't allowed to pick which print but I'm beyond satisfied with this 'Tiger Lilly' print. :) Cute, right?
I can't wait to get this monogrammed! In the meantime, Audrey will keep her company. 


I hope y'all have enjoyed this peek at my favorite products and my favorite steals from the Lilly sale.

till next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa

No comments:

Post a Comment