January 7, 2014

My Night Time Routine

So this post came about when me and my sister were discussing our skincare routines. She almost died when she found out a.) just how many products I use and b.) that I don't use face wash at night. 
Yeap, that's right, I've gone against every beauty blogger out there and don't actually wash my face at night.
Gasp!
That doesn't mean I don't clean my face though!
Since my sister found this rundown so interesting and this routine actually works really well for me I thought I would explain myself here.
Let's get started!
Usually I light a few candles before bed. Right now I'm really liking (clockwise from the top left) Red Velvet Cupcake, Champagne Toast, and Marshmallow Fireside from Bath & Body Works.
I also usually have a cup of sleepytime tea before bed but I don't have any at the moment. :( 
Next, I use the Equate brand Night-Time Soothing Makeup Remover Towelettes which are comparable to Neutrogena Night Calming Cleansing Towelettes. I use to hate makeup remover cloths before finding these! I tried a bunch of brands, including the Neutrogena ones, and found that they were all either too rough of my skin, didn't actually remove any makeup, or were way to dry.
These are perfect! I can remove a whole day's worth of makeup in one sweep if I want to with these bad boys. I really enjoy the night-time soothing kind because they really are soothing and don't irritate my face, plus they're super cheap! 
Sticking with the Equate products, I remove my eye makeup and waterproof mascara with the Equate Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. This stuff is an excellent dupe of the Neutrogena Oil-Free Remover, it's seriously the same product but cheaper. 
To get any left over product off of my face and just leave my skin refreshed I put a little bit of the Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water on a cotton pad and wipe over my face. 
I just realized that I didn't actually include my moisturizer in any of the photos I took and that's probably because I just recently starting using a new brand. I found that my skin was especially dry as the temperature started to drop so I invested in the L'Oreal Paris Ideal Moisture Dry Skin Lotion. So far, so good with this product. I've only been using it for a few days and I've already started to notice a difference in my skin's hydration.
Which brings me to my next step which involves my mantra you all should know and love by now:
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
I can't say it enough, you have to keep your skin hydrated! That's why I put lotion on my body, moisturizer on my face, and lip balm on my lips before I go to bed, so my body can soak in that hydration overnight!
The Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Super Rich Body Cream was a part of one of my Christmas gifts and came with 2 other Soap & Glory lotions in the Good, Butter, Best set from Sephora, this proved to be the best! When this says super rich, it means it! I can't wait to use up my other lotions so I can purchase the full size version of this. It smells amazing which is saying something coming from me seeing as it has a light citrus scent and I've never really been a fan of citrus, but for some reason I'm really enjoying this. 
For my lip balm I use CO Bigelow's Classic Rose All Purpose Salve and I LOVE it! I've used this stuff since high school and it is my go-to lip balm. I also use it on really dry skin around my elbows and knees too. 

Now, back to the face. I am having some serious eye issues at the moment. Between my crazy school schedule, the new puppy (which you will hear more about very soon!), and my lapse in judgement with the tanning bed (I know, I know! I'm suffering the consequences now, for sure!) I've had some issues with dark circle, puffiness, and even...wrinkles! 
My mom thinks I'm going crazy but I seriously have spotted some crazy crow's feet creeping up around my eyes, which I of course blame on the tanning bed. Fake Bake for me from now on!
So for night's when I'm feeling a little wrinkly I use Miracle Worker from Philosophy and stick with You Won't Believe Your Eyes from Soap & Glory on other nights. 

After all that, I usually curl up with a good book or more recently, my iPad mini to fuel my Pinterest obsession before bed.

I hope y'all enjoyed this look into my nightly routine, comment below if you did and I might just show you the wackiness of my morning routine next! haha!

until next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa





No comments:

Post a Comment