January 2, 2014

January 2014 Shopping Guide

Let me just say that 2014 already has the makings of an incredible year! 
This New Year's has seriously changed my outlook on life and I am so grateful for that, it just seems like everyone around me is being extra optimistic and particularly inspiring. 
Part of that different outlook is actually sticking to my New Year's Resolutions for once and a part of that was saving money, well that's incredibly hard when there are so many ah-may-zing sales going on. 
I seriously grieved over a baseball cap on J.Crew's site earlier today simply because I needed it but didn't want it. 
Then I realized that thinking is so not me! So, while I did talk myself out of the $50 hat I talked myself into taking a step back and thinking about how I can re-vamp my wardrobe in the most sensible manner. 

That's when I compiled this lovely shopping guide for all of the upcoming, beyond amazing sales going on from my favorite brands!

Since I've already mentioned my affinity for J.Crew's chic baseball hats (yes, they're actually chic) we might as well start with them and the deal they have going on right now where you can get 40% off their sale items with the code: shophappy. 
The aforementioned baseball hat was actually in navy but I found this option in burgundy and I have to say I might just like it more, the $19.99 price tag doesn't hurt.  

How fabulous is this bronze glitter belt?! Answer: pretty darn fabulous, especially with it being less than $25.
I love, love, love this mini-bows sweatshirt and can only imagine how comfy and soft it is, plus with the 40% off sale prices it's less than $50!

I am obsessed with all things Anthropologie! Like, seriously, I just want my entire house to look (and smell) like an Anthropologie store! Right now they're having a Winter Tag Sale on all of their sale items with 25% off sale clothing, shoes, and accessories, and 50% off all home accessories with the code: warmup
This Bowtie Shimmer Clutch is just amazing and is totally why I love Anthropologie, they cater to every girl whether she's boho chic or a glitzy glamazon. At less than twenty bucks pre-25% off it's a steal!
How cute are these little monogrammed key chains? I have been loving tassels this year and I think the monogrammed detailing on these would be perfect for any Monogrammed Magnolia!
The Daria Shearling Slides look beyond amazingly comfortable and bring a little style and class to our most laidback moments (they even come in a red option that is super fun!). These are a little pricey but they are also quality material and sure to last a heck of a lot longer than those slippers your Nanna got you for Christmas.
In case you haven't caught on yet, I'm a sucker for anything British. From boys to Big Ben my heart belongs across the pond so I could not pass up this artsy London Landmark Ring Dish, and with the discount added it's under $5! I might just have to break down and pick this on up.

Attention all Monogrammed Magnolias: Marley Lilly, aka the Mecca of Monograms, is having a 
FLASH SALE! 
Click Here to enter to win a $100 Gift Card to be used during the sale!
Marley Lilly has become pretty famous for their Flash Sales, so much so that people are now twitter begging for them. Well, I'm grateful for that because they've decided to have a 3-day long Flash Sale this weekend from January 4th to January 6th. It's hard telling what exactly will be on the sale but I thought I would throw out some of my favorite picks from the site just in case.
I got the Monogrammed Taylor Necklace this summer and it has barely left my neck since, I love this necklace and combined with the Taylor Ring it has become a signature piece of jewelry for me!

I'm pretty certain that the Penny Cross Body bag was my first purchase from Marley Lilly about a year ago and I have to say that it's one of my bags of all time and I highly recommend it! 

I have been stalking the Lilly Pulitzer twitter feed for days now desperately seeking any news about the New Year Cheer sale and I was finally rewarded just as I began to think all hope was lost when I saw this:
I may have actually screamed! Ahhhhh!
The New Year Cheer sale is beyond amazing and probably the BEST sale Lilly Pulitzer has to offer for the entire year! Last year I set an ungodly early alarm for the sale (this is serious business) and was actually able to nab a few items before the servers freaked out. This year I'm hoping to do the same so I signed up for the email from the twitter link and am keeping my fingers crossed for some epic info in tomorrow's inbox!
While nobody really knows what will be in the sale I couldn't resist showcasing my favorite Lilly pieces, and which ones I'm hoping to nab this year!
(you might notice a recurring theme)

I want this Coastal Tote so bad I get actual anxiety just thinking about it selling out! Plus, it's in my favorite print from this season, Lulu!

I told you Lulu was my favorite print!
The Call Me Wallet has everything I could ever want from an iPhone wallet and has been completely redesigned from the last one (which was a complete bust). 
And of course my Lulu collection wouldn't be complete without a phone case!
This, my darlings, is the holy grail of iPad cases and for those of you who don't know that is Lilly herself (my her colorful little soul rest in peace) gracing the front of her very own product. Uh, props to the Lilly designers because for girls like me that is complete and utter genius! Of course I want to pay homage to one of my idols and inspirations by carrying her around with me everyday, I'm totally for it!

I hope this little guide has helped you prepare yourself for the long shopping struggle ahead and if you're trying to save like me I hope it's helped you narrow down your splurge choices.
until next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa








No comments:

Post a Comment