January 20, 2014

My Netflix Favorites

First of all, let me just explain that my Netflix queue (or My List, I liked queue so much better) causes me anxiety. Yep, that's right, actual anxiety. 
I don't know about you but I love Netflix! I'm a TV and movie junkie and Netflix just fuels that. However, there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to watch all the things I want to watch, therefore my queue just stacks up! It might sound crazy but I actually schedule times to watch certain things so I've accumulated quite a collection of favorites which brings me to the birth of this post! I'm going to share with you some of my current faves on Netflix as well as what's on the top pf  my watch list!
Scandal: If you don't know who Olivia Pope is I suggest you log on to Netflix right now and figure it out because she is ah-may-zing! Seriously, go!
New Girl: Not only does Zooey Deschanel make my heart melt as Jess but her gang of hilarious and loyal guy roommates makes me extremely jealous. It's worth the watch simply for Schmidt's one liners.
Greek: aka the show that made me so excited for college I couldn't stand it! While real life proved to be a little less exciting I oh so wish this show had stayed on air but I'm glad I get to relive the episodes while going through my own struggles in college now!
The Carrie Diaries: I would just like to state, for the record, that this show is absolutely amazing and dare I say just as swoon worthy as it's predecessor Sex and the City! Carrie Bradshaw as a teenager? What's not to love! 
Clueless: uh, favorite 90's movie of all time! Duh! 
You can't go wrong with a girls night flashback to Cher at the mall! 
21 and Over: My sister, her friend Ashley, and I watched this one night over summer break and it is hands down one of the funniest movies I've seen a long time. Plus, Skylar Astin from Pitch Perfect and Miles Teller from That Awkward Moment take the cake with this one! 
Sleepover: Who doesn't love this movie?! Alexa Vega and her friends take on the mean girl in an all night scavenger hunt that leads them to uber cute Steve Phillips aka Sean Faris. If you haven't seen this one then I really don't think your childhood was up to par. 
Wish Upon A Star: In case you haven't caught on, I love a good flashback and this movie goes old school all the way back to the Disney Channel's Original Movie of the month in 1996! Let's just say that Alexia Wheaton was one of my biggest inspirations growing up, you should probably watch this one to find out just how bad that really is...oh, did I mention that Alexia is played by none other than Katherine Heigl?!
Orange is the New Black
Is it just me or is everyone talking about this show? I am dying to see it!
Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23
All I know is James van der Beek apparently plays an exaggerated version of himself in this and I love my little Dawson Leery so much that I just have to see it for myself! 
Dexter
I use to watch Dexter all the time but let it slip away from me when I started college so it's been on my list to start up again for a long time. I can't wait to see how it ends!
Side Effects
Four words: Jude Law, Channing Tatum...and that's pretty much it!
Black Fish
This is at the very top of my list of documentaries to watch but I'm saving it because I'm afraid I might break down in tears when they go into the cruelties these animals face. If you thought you loved Sea World as much as I did you might want to take a look at this movie. 
The Iron Lady
This probably seems really random but I'm a History major and I've been dying to see this movie ever since my British History prof recommended it while she was lecturing on British Prime Ministers. I'm in love with everything Meryl Streep does so I'm sure her turn as Margaret Thatcher will not disappoint.
That doesn't even begin to touch on the massive list but I hope you've enjoyed this peek at what I'm watching and I hope it's given you a few suggestions. 
Let me know in the comments if you like any of these as much as I do or if you have more suggestions for me!

until next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa


No comments:

Post a Comment