March 5, 2014

Huge Spring Collective Haul!

Well, I think it's safe to say that I'm not doing so hot on that whole New Year's resolution deal about trying to be a better blogger but I am here now and determined to make more of an effort (with all of my resolutions) this month!
I wanted to get this post in because it actually introduces quite a few other posts that I have planned for the very near future so keep an eye out for them, Magnolias. 

Let me start by saying this is a collective haul that I've acquired over the past few weeks or so...it's almost embarrassing how much stuff there is to talk about but what can I say? I love to shop! Now let's get to it!

Ulta became my best friend last month...which you can probably tell from the picture below.
The week before last they were having huge Buy One Get One deals on all my favorite brands (which is awesome) so I just couldn't pass it up as it was a great opportunity to try out some new spring looks I've been dying to get my hands on.
Let's just start from the top, shall we?
I actually picked up the Got 2B Rockin' It Dry Conditioner at the Dollar Tree and picked it up because I was simply intrigued by the idea of a dry conditioner. Well, I've given it a try and it is pretty amazing. I know it sounds super strange and sort of time consuming but there's just sometimes when I'm using dry shampoo (aka my favorite product ever, just wait) and I go a little overboard. This solves that issue, a little spray goes a long way in helping keep my locks oil-free but also soft and shiny.
 Like I said, I love me some dry shampoo...it has saved my hair from so many disaster situations and to be perfectly honest when you have hair as long as mine washing it everyday can be a hassle. I had heard a lot of talk about the Batiste dry shampoo and had to get my hands on it when  I saw it on Ulta's website. There are so many different scents to choose from that it was a difficult decision but I'm a sucker for leopard print so the packaging on the Wild variety won out. Honestly, I'm on the fence about the scent, there are days that I really like it and days I just don't so it's kinda strange but overall I think it's a really great product...probably not something I would buy every time I run out but definitely nice to try out different scents. 

I went a little overboard on the primers and Rimmel products so those will actually be featured in a breakdown of my favorite primers post coming later one...sneak peak: really loving the Baby Skin at the moment, definitely worth a try!

In case you can't tell by the picture above, I have a serious addiction to lip products. There are 8 featured above (eek!), 6 of which were purchased at the same time from Ulta...but they were all apart of the BOGO deal with the Ulta brand lipsticks BOGO Free and the others BOGO 50% off. That is not a deal you pass up easily, my friends. 
Here's a close up of some of my favorites but be on the lookout for my favorite Spring lip colors on the blog soon, in the meantime definitely give the new Ulta color core lipsticks a look because they're kinda amazing! (mine are [l-r] Sour Cherry and Cutie)

If you checked out my RueLaLa vs HauteLook post a while back then you would have gotten a sneak peak at a few of the products featured below. The Stila pressed pigments were featured on a serious HauteLook sale...like, I think I only got these for $5 a piece (which is insanely cheap for Stila) and I have to say that I was a little disappointed with them at first but love how versatile they are now that I've used them a few times. I use Acoustic (bottom left) as an eyeshadow trio with the lightest shade all over, the dark shade in the crease, and occasionally the orangey-red on the outer corner. As for the shade on the right, Finale (how cute are these names?), I blend that together and use as a blush...I know, pretty bright for a blush but the color comes off amazingly when used sparingly. Overall, they were a great purchase which is more than I can say for the lip colors which were way off course as far as display color to IRL color goes. 

Speaking of thumbs down products, the product at the top of this photo is actually marketed as a bronzer no matter how much it looks like a highlighter.
I'm a huge Physcians Formula fan when it comes to pressed bronzing powders (mostly because they're the only ones easily available to me it seems) but does anyone else feel like they're really a hit or miss brand?
I've gotten some really great bronzers from them over the years but also some really bad ones and this one unfortunately falls in that category. I was of course drawn in by their packaging (as always) and this one just so happened to be in a sparkly pink package...just begging for me to take it home. However, it also claimed to be specifically formulated for brunettes (looking back now, I guess I really should have gone with the blondes on this one) and that was something that really set this product apart from the rest. I don't know how they think this product will look good on darker haired girls seeing as they are usually the ones with darker skin when it barely even shows up on my beige toned skin!
As you probably know, PF bronzers run on the expensive side as far as drugstore brands go so I've resorted to using this product as a highlighter and even dig into the different sections of the mosaic to use as eyeshadows, something that still lacks luster but hey, why let it go to waste.
What's one of the sure fire signs that you are a Monogrammed Magnolia? It's in the name of course...a love for all things monogrammed!
That's exactly why Marley Lilly Flash Sales are my own personal kryptonite, or rather my bank account's kryptonite. February became ML's month of flash sales as they celebrated every Monogram Monday with one of their signature sales and the very last one featured all my favorites in none other than red, white, and blue! And let's face it, nothing say's Monogrammed Magnolias quite like a red, white, & blue Monogrammin' 'Merica tee! I just had to get my hands on it and rep my faves at Marley Lilly!
There's just something about a pocket tee that makes me go weak in the knees...add a monogram and I'm hooked...add a little Bama houndstooth and I've gotta have it! I adore this shirt and love the super amazing quality of the pocket itself! I don't know how they do it but Marley Lilly has got it going on with these printed pockets and I'm afraid I'm a fan for life. Definitely give them a look and be sure to follow them @MarleyLilly on Twitter to be in the know about the next Flash Sale which is always just around the corner.

Now for the BIG finale, folks!
I now present to you my pride, my joy, my absolute obsession...
my Kate Spade Little Kaelin Primrose Hill bag!!!
It's like the holy grail of bags for me and it was purchased during one of Kate Spade's signature Surprise Sales which I am a die hard fan of! 
I just love this bag and have probably carried it everyday since it arrived on my doorstep. It's a cross body on a leather and chain strap that is just absolutely to die-for, I mean how cute it that bow? Best part? The inside is polka dots! Kate Spade pulled out all the stops with this one!
I can honestly say that it was well worth the money and as my mother would say, it feels like buttah!

For more pictures of my bag and all my finds follow me on Instagram!!!

until next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa

No comments:

Post a Comment