March 26, 2014

What We Love Wednesday!

Ahhhh! I feel like it has been forever since I did a proper What We Love Wednesday...
probably because it kinda has been but I've had so many great things come into my life lately that I just had to share so here we go!

- Essie On a Silver Platter-
You've probably heard this before but I am obsessed with nail polish...Essie nail polish to be more specific and I honestly believe I have found my favorite glitter polish ever, which as you will know is quiet a feat. Wanna know how I know this polish is really great? Of course you do, that's why you're ready this. Duh! Well, On A Sliver Platter is one of those glitter polishes that is so pretty it distracts me when I'm writing. Seriously, I actually stopped in the middle of my Modern History exam just to admire my own nail polish...a little vain but whatever, it made me really happy! haha
I don't know what it is exactly but this polish is really great because it has a shiny base that's almost opaque shimmery gold with blue glitter in varying sizes that's just really eye catching. This also makes a really great top coat for School Boy Blazer, which might actually be my favorite polish ever...which is really saying something.
-NYX lip butters-
I have heard so much about these things over the years and really just brushed them off until I spotted them in Ulta and decided to give 'em a try. I regret nothing.
These suckers are awesome! I have two, in Apple Strudel and Cupcake, and need more desperately (by need I mean want, of course). I swear they smell like vanilla or just sweetness in general (I'm awful with describing scents, you'll hear more about that in a second.) Apple Strudel is this really fun peachy color while Cupcake is a hot pink that leans more on the red side, both really great for spring and summer.
They're really opaque for glosses but they're also good for layering over other lip products like my Revlon Color Burst Matte Balms. I'm currently stalking Ulta's site trying to decide what colors I want next...I'm leaning toward Maple Blondie and Red Velvet at the moment. ;)
Keep a look out for these products in my upcoming post about my favorite lip colors for Spring!
- Gucci Guilty Black-
For my birthday back in October, I was determined to treat myself to a new perfume during my girls' birthday weekend-away. So, I waltzed into Sephora and spent a ridiculous amount of time scouring the bright display of crazy insanity that is the fragrance section. After exhausting my nose and using up every sense I had (and probably testing the sales girl's patience too) I decided to be a bit of a badass and go for the sleek black and red bottle of Gucci Guilty Black.
I'm really bad at describing scents (if you couldn't tell from above) so I checked out Sephora's site to see what they had to say about it,
 "The Guilty Black lovers bring out the most scandalous sides of each other: alone they are magnificent, together irrepressible. Fearless in their passion, they are brazen, shameless, unpredictable—ready for each and every explosive encounter. Their attraction is instinctive: they go where they sense danger and each other. 
Too much is never enough for young hedonists, who drive each other to stray ever darker. Life is thrilling and meant to be lived to the fullest. Again and again, they give in to pleasure and the excitement of breaking the rules. 
Gucci Guilty Black is a sensual oriental floral, inviting you to indulge in your burning desires."
 Can I just say that reading that automatically brings the word "badass" to my mind...exactly what I was thinking when I made this purchase and I love that! 
To be perfectly honest, I'm not a badass...in case you couldn't tell from, well, any of my previous posts. I started to feel like the scent didn't really fit my personality very well. (Sidenote: scents are supposed to fit your personality, right?) I left the fragrance alone for a little while, just letting it chill on my dresser until one day I decided to get some use out of it. Spraying it reminded me of the fun and determined time I was having during that period in my life and I'm loving that now. I truly believe that scents connect deep in our memories so I highly suggest going out and finding a fragrance to connect with a great memory...it's definitely worth it.

-My Kate Spade Bag-
If you saw my last post then you've probably already heard about my new Kate Spade bag so I won't bore you with too much droning on about it but I will say that I absolutely, positively adore it!
It seriously might just be the cutest thing I've ever owned (aside from my puppy) and I treat it like a child. Seriously, I knocked it into the corner of the Bridge on campus the other day and almost had a heart attack. It's that serious, people. I've officially become that girl!
It will most likely be my forever favorite but I will spare you by just posting it this one last time.

My sister was an absolute gem last weekend and picked me up a kick-butt iHome (it spins!) from her work last weekend and I have been playing music like crazy in the room so I've got quiet a few favorites this week.

-Iggy Azalea "Fancy"-
If you haven't seen this video then I highly suggest you click the link above and prepare yourself for the ultimate throwback!
In the video, my ultimate hairspiration and Aussie girl crush brings back Cher and the gang in her version of Clueless. It's seriously amazing, check it out below and get ready to dance around your dorm room.
You can also check out the song and a lot more on my Spotify playlist below or by checking out my Spotify profile by clicking THIS LINK :)

-5 Seconds of Summer-
Now for something a little toward the other end of the spectrum...a pop-punk band that toured with One Direction. They're from Australia, I discovered them on YouTube, and they are absolutely adorable. There's really not much more I can say than that but you've got to check them out. I've linked some of my favorite songs below (including their latest video)...
"She Looks So Perfect" - 5 Seconds of Summer

-House of Cards-
TGFN!!! That's short for Thank God for Netflix because without it I would never have been introduced to this amazing show. As you probably already know, I'm a history/political science nerd so of course a show that chronicles the internal affairs of both the Capitol and the White House are right up my alley!
Also, it's a serious nail biter (that season 2 premiere tho!) and, as is custom with Netflix. you have the opportunity to binge watch as each season is released collectively instead of by episode.
I'm not proud of this fact but I may have watched the entire first season and most of the second in like 2 days...but I've managed to convince myself to slow down as this is a show that is meant to be savored not devoured. What makes it even better is that the two main characters are Southerners who rose to the top (they even take a trip to South Carolina in a few eps) and aren't afraid to put up a fight. Claire Underwood looks like she has some Monogrammed Magnolia spirit deep in her if you ask me.
Consider it the West Wing with a lot more spice. Now go head over to Netflix and check it out if you're not already hooked.

I hope y'all liked this look into my favorites this week! Comment below with your favorites or let me know your thoughts on some of the things I mentioned above.

until next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa


PS: confession...I actually made this post last week but forgot to schedule it for last Wednesday so sorry if some of this stuff is a little played...it's only been a week though! xo







No comments:

Post a Comment