June 13, 2013

Mall Haul

So yesterday I went into work at Glamour Girlz boutique at our local "mall" a little early to see if I could hit some deals before punching the clock! I put the word mall in quotations because our town is so small and the mall is so quant that it really isn't deserving of the name, it's more like an indoor shopping center. You'll see what I mean when you realize that my Mall Haul is me just hitting two stores, even though I did try to pick up the new Lilly Pulitzer Estée Lauder gift tote at the Estée counter but let's save a discussion of their incredible rudeness for later.

Stop #1: Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale!
My mother and I wait all year for the summertime sale simply because they bring back all of our all time favorites! I barely shop at B&BW any other time because I only really like the discontinued fragrances. I'm all about some Midnight Pomegranate and Exotic Coconut! Which leads be to my first purchase:
My all-time favorite B&BW fragrance is Exotic Coconut because I am a coconut freak and will wear it any time of the year! However, I did try to restrain myself and make this trip one of only necessity as the sale lasts for like four weeks and I plan to pace myself.
I was bound and determined to get a 3-wick candle while they were on sale but the problem was finding a scent I liked. I ended up picking up the limited edition Summer Boardwalk
I liked the scent, which really does smell like a boardwalk with cotton candy, popcorn, and salt water which really isn't the worst combination believe it or not but it wasn't the scent I meant to pick up. I grabbed a Gelato scented candle and loved it but made it away with the boardwalk candle by accident. Not complaining, it will definitely get put to use this summer but I'm going to have to pick up the Gelato candle next time I pop in.
And stay tuned, I might do a tutorial on how I clean out the candle jars because they make the cutest little containers. I've got a set holding my Essie polish now.
Of course I couldn't make it out of there without lip gloss! I picked up some classic clear mint flavored gloss, a super cute jelly pop, and a really great blood orange gloss that's a nice bright redish orange with orange sparkle that is great for summer and has a great flavor too (I broke into it during my shift last night).
I even grabbed one of those rubber holders for lip gloss like the ones for their hand sanitizers because I thought it might be a good way to keep my favorite gloss from settling to the bottom of my bag where it's usually out of reach. We'll see how it goes.

Stop #2: Claire's and the 10 for $10
I'm a huge fan of Claire's mainly because we don't have a Charlotte Russe or Forever 21 and they offer the discounted 10 for $10 which is always great! 
I went in to get some new nails for summer and possibly a cute new iPhone case but couldn't resist the allure of the 10 for $10. 
Clock wise: a braided brown leather head band, a Libra zodiac necklace, elastic headbands, Minnie Mouse elastic hair bands, Hello Kitty 3D nails, pink & green composition book make up bag, heart shaped ear cuff, and red bow & arrow bracelet. 
Not to mention my favorite purchase of the day...
my XO necklace which I love so much and wore to work last night because I consider it my signature sign-off! How lucky to get all these great finds for just $10! 
I didn't forget the mission though and snagged some awesome nail kits.
I love the tribal print for summer and how cute are the little tuxedo nails? Too cute!
I managed to make it away without checking out the phone cases and my bank account is appreciative but it was mainly because I got distracted by the sight of all the Lilly totes at the Estée Lauder counter.
However, Stop #3 was a fruitless effort as I encountered some of the rudest make up counter girls ever! I fell in love with the blue and corally red tote so badly that I was bound and determined to make a purchase to get my hands on it! There I was, a customer with money burning a hole through my Coach wallet, fully prepared to be hoo-dooed into buying whatever granted me the "free" gift tote. I was a counter girl's dream! I figured I pick up a new foundation or eye cream, all I needed was a little assistance and I had 20 minutes before I was expected to be back to work. Plenty of time to make a purchase but what did I get from the counter girls? Nothing but dirty looks, a "give me a second, honey" while I get back to gossiping with three other counter girls, and an empty shopping bag. I'd just like to say that Estée Lauder herself would not be happy with their actions and neither would Lilly Pulitzer, God rest her soul.
So instead of walking away with the prize I treated myself to two of my favorite things...two scoops of Birthday Ice cream and a diet coke and all was well again. 
Let me know if you all want to see more hauls...I promise the next one will be a little bit more interesting.

xo
aFm

No comments:

Post a Comment