June 7, 2013

May Favorites 2013

I'm a little late but I couldn't help but feature some of my absolute favorite things from the month of May 2013. First of all, at the risk of sounding cliché, holy crap I can't believe it's already June! That means half of the year is almost over! Ridiculous.
Anywho, lets get started.

--Tanya Burr on YouTube--
While I love this British beauty's beauty blog, tanyaburr.co.uk, I adore her make-up tutorials and daily vlogs on YouTube. She's so cheery and fun and bright that you can't help but thrive off her energy and personality. Watching one of her videos can seriously change my mood as well as my beauty routine. I also love her daily vlogs and snippets of how cutesy and lovey she is with her fiancĂ©/fellow YouTuber Jim. She id absolutely precious and I recommend her channel 100%. 
So don't forget to check her out at youtube.com/tanyaburr and youtube.com/tanyasvlogs.

--Essie Nail Polish--
I am a die hard Essie fan and self proclaimed nail polish addict so when. I come across a new Essie color I will most likely buy it but what is unusual about the colors I've loved in May is that they break completely away from my comfort zone.
My favorites have been two colors far from the light pinks and deep reds I've come to know and love over the years. I have fallen so hard for both the shades that whenever they are on my tips I can't help but smile and find myself taking better care of my nails because of it ( I even accidentally grew out my nails a bit in May while wearing Play Date but then Finals Week blew that all to hell.) I highly, highly recommend both shades as fun summer hues!

--My Tervis Tumblers--
Tervis has been a staple in my family for years but I never really appreciated them until I got my own set while on vacation with my friends. My Little got me a huge tumbler for my birthday but I had mainly stuck with my smaller cups for travel and long nights in the library but now that I've started my summer job back and have been packing my lunch to work I've brought out the big guns and they have saved the day. My drinks (and ice) stay cold throughout the day and in this massive heat wave that alone is a lifesaver so I'm definitely listing my Tervis tumblers as a Mat favorite. You can pick up your own at tervis.com!

--DVD Box Sets--
Okay this one is kinda lame but throughout May I was in the process of moving a lot, from dorm room to house to apartment, it was just a lot so I haven't had cable as of late which has resulted in me breakin out the old DVDs and I've been having a blast.
I've watched a heck of a lot of Sex & the City and still begged Carrie to say yes when Aidan proposed, I've freaked out over the craziness that is Brothers & Sisters, and I've went gaga over Tom Welling as a young Clark Kent in Smallville. Yes, I'm all over the board on this one but watching these beloved shows over again have made me relive some pretty fun moments in my own life while I was at it.

Last but not least...

--Maybelline Color Whisper--
This is a fun find I just happened to stumble upon while helping Little find a Taylor Swift-esque red lipstick. They are cute, fun, easy lip colors that are gel like so they're somewhere between a lipstick and a lip gloss. 
They offer a variety of super wearable colors; I have a nude, a bright pink, and a corally orange all in my bag right now so I can mix it up day or night. I think I'm going to try out a red and a plum color the next time I'm out, they're that good.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing some of my favorites from the past month! I would love to hear some of yours so be sure to comment.
xo
aFm

No comments:

Post a Comment