October 29, 2013

Tip Tuesday: Haircare Edition

We're starting off another tiring week so we thought it would serve as a nice pick-me-up to offer you our top tips for the week. We've compiled our favorite hair care tips packaged up nicely in this edition of Tip Tuesday!

My first tip comes from years of my mother begging me to "stop those hot showers!" At the time I thought she was merely worried about the electric bill, it wasn't until I was in my late teens that she explained that hot water strips our body (and our hair!) of its moisture. While I wasn't prepared to give up my steamy showers, especially approaching the winter months, I discovered that it actually benefits my hair if I do a final rinse in cold water! Just like rinsing your face with cold water closes your pores, rinsing your hair the same way seals the cuticle. This prevents that flyaway look and makes hair appear shinier. What more could a girl ask for?

This next tip comes from missglamorazzi (check out her YouTube channel, it's seriously amazing) and is something I have just recently tried and am currently loving. She suggests to switch up your shower routine by changing the way you wash your hair. How you might ask? By lathering your hair up from the base of the neck up to the roots! This creates crazy volume and gets hair extra clean as this is where a lot of hidden oil and gunk builds up. I can seriously feel the volume in my hair as I rinse the shampoo out (with cool water of course!), this might just change my shower routine for life!

I hope you've enjoyed these helpful tips and plan to try them out soon, they're life changing, I promise!

until next time,
xo
aFm

No comments:

Post a Comment