December 30, 2013

New Year's Eve!!!

I can't believe another year has come and gone, it feels like 2013 just started yesterday! This year has been a crazy one and I am so excited to ring in 2014 with my family this year. 
New Year's Eve has always held a special place in my heart as far as holidays go and this year is no different so I thought it would be the perfect time to share my favorite NYE looks with you!
Now, I've been a lazy little thing during winter break (seriously, I'm so so so sorry for the lack of posts, forgive me!) so I've actually turned this into a New Year's Eve master post. By that I mean I had initially intended to make two different posts, one with fashion looks and the other with a makeup tutorial but this one is chock full of all of that so let's get started.
All of the looks featured below can be found on my Polyvore page!

For all you fabulous Monogrammed Magnolias out there I've compiled my favorite glam look for all those New Year's Eve parties that you're bound to find yourself at this holiday season. 
This year it's all gold everything, and not just gold...but gold glitter!
I love this classic, glamorous look and with all the glitz you're sure to shine brighter than Times Square at midnight!
Don't forget to check out this look and all of the items and products featured on my Polyvore page.

This next look is for all you couch potatoes, no worries though, I'm totally with you! There is nothing I love more than curling up on the couch to watch the ball drop in the comfort of my own home, call me crazy but nothing's better!
I love these cute little jammies! Especially the "A Little Party Never Killed Anybody" tee (I'm a little Gatsby obsessed!) and now perfect is that "Keep Calm and Ring It In" sweatshirt?! Adorable, I tell ya!
My plans are to turn my New Year's Eve evening into a spa night with my sister before channeling surfing between my beloved Anderson Cooper and the fabulous performances Ryan Seacrest is sure to introduce. 

Now, if you're not like me and you actually have fabulous plans that involve venturing out into the real world, I've got the perfect makeup look for any glitzy glam party you may stumble upon.

Glam Gold Eyes
Start with your favorite foundation and set with powder. 
Then contour the face with a bronzer a few shades darker than your skin tone. 
(Check out this video from Jaclyn Hill for some advice on how to contour.)
Next, apply a peachy blush (or one you feel compliments your skin tone best).  After applying the blush to the apples of my cheeks I primed my eyes with a cream nude primer but you can use any eye shadow primer you wish.
For my eyes, I stuck to shimmery neutrals because I plan on using gold glitter eyeliner and false lashes on my eyes. 
I started with the palest color in my inner corners and used a medium matte brown shade in my crease and outer corners. I think used a shimmery gold shade across my outer corners, keeping the mid lid and inner corners a pale shimmery color. 
I then used a black liquid felt tip eyeliner to create a winged look (check out this post on winged liner) and went above the line with a gold liner topped with gold glitter liner for sparkle. 
Next, I applied my favorite false lashes with a pair of tweezers for precise application. 
My final touch was a pale, shimmery nude pink lip. 
Here are pictures of the final look, sorry I forgot to take step-by-step pics. 
A close up of the winged eyeliner!
Fancy Merisa
Sorry these are kinda crappy quality, iPhone selfies were the best I could do at the time.

I hope you all have a fabulous and safe New Year!
until next time, lovelies.
xo
Merisa

No comments:

Post a Comment