November 22, 2013

The Bigger the Hair the Closer to God: A Southern Girl's Guide to Big Hair

I am a big-hair junkie and have been for a while now! Being this way causes me to try many different volumizing products to achieve this big hair look.

One of my absolute favorite tools, that I couldn't live without, is my teasing brush from Sally Hansen's Beauty Supply. This is a must have for big hair, you can use combs but nothing beats this brush! 
The first step to teasing your hair is to pull half of your hair up then sort of "rough up" the roots, this means to take the brush, get close to the roots, and go back and forth with it until you get some volume/texture! 
It may sound a little difficult but it gets easier with every trial run. 
Another useful tool that I've tried is volumizing powder. My personal favorite is Michael O'Rourke's Bombshell Big Hair Powder! Just sprinkle a little bit in your hair like a powdered dry shampoo for that thick, big hair look that leaves your teased look in for hours. 

One thing that I like to do is add a finishing touch with some hairspray. I like to use the Michael O' Rourke Spray It Hard Big Volume Hairspray. This adds just a little boost so that you can keep the look in tact! 
If you follow these steps, you can rock some big hair like I frequently like to do!  :)
-dSl-





No comments:

Post a Comment