July 14, 2014

June Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I have been waiting for this bag to arrive from the very first day the Glam Room was opened with the sneak preview because, yes, I like to ruin my experience like a hyperactive 5 year old who rips into their Christmas presents early.
Can we just take a moment to awe in the fact that Rebecca Minkoff designed this month's bag? Yes, you heard right, that Rebecca Minkoff! I die. I just die.
While I would have LOVED for the bag to resemble something like the Rebecca Minkoff Mini Macs but this design is just darling and perfect for summer, totally clutch worthy.
Let's start with the first product I pulled out of the bag, the OFRA Eyebrow Pencil in Universal. I have crazy, crazy eyebrows that, even though I have naturally dark blonde hair, are completely black and thick and just all around horrible so I am obsessed with any product that might be able to help me tame them. I really like how smooth this pencil is and the color is really universal because as a rule you never want to put product on your brows that is the same color as your brow hairs. Sounds crazy I know but using a lighter color will actually prevent your brows from looking to heavy and drawn on. I'm usually more of a powder girl when it comes to my brows but I'm definitely looking forward to trying this out in my full time brow-routine. 

If you're anything like me you might be thinking something along the lines of this about the next product, "RealTree? Come on,  Ipsy, who do you think I am?"
That may have been a little judgmental, especially since I half expected it to smell like deer you-know-what. I was pleasantly surprised by this little perfume sample as it's actually very nice scent that's way more fruity (more my style) than floral. Overall, I probably wouldn't purchase a full size but I do like that the sample if big enough to get some good use out of. 

Be a Bombshell Mascara...
I don't even know where to begin with this stuff. 
OH EM GEE, this is HORRIBLE! Hands down the...worst. mascara. ever.
Like ever! 
And here's the thing, I never even put this stuff on my lashes, that's how horrible it is. I was so excited about trying out a new mascara and I've liked the Be a Bombshell products from previous Glam Bags so far but as soon as I opened the tube I was assaulted by the stink of a combination of paint thinner and lighter fluid. Two things that should not only be mixed together but should definitely not be anywhere near your eyes. Oh gosh, I was just far too afraid to even put this stuff on. I mean it burned my nostrils I can only imagine what it would do to my eyes. No. No. No. No. No. Into the trash it goes.

By far the most anticipated product in this month's Glam Bag was the NYX Butter Gloss. I am already a huge fan of NYX and their Butter Gloss might just be my favorite lip gloss ever so I was totally on board from the moment I go the email saying that every Ipsy Glam Bag for June would come with its own Butter Gloss. All I had to do was hope and pray that I didn't get a shade that I already had in my own little NYX collection. Lucky me because I received the color Creme Brulee and it is the perfect nude! I just love how smooth and, well, buttery the Butter Glosses are and I will always love them. Thanks, Ipsy!

Last but not least is the Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray which I love so much I have actually mentioned on this blog on two separate occasions which you can read about here: June Favorites 2014 and Beach Bag Essentials
I love the way it smells and feels in the hair and it works so well with my naturally wavy hair, giving me the Dream Waves it promises.

Overall, I loved this month's bag even with the absolute bust that was the mascara. Looking forward to July's bag already!
Click the link below if you'd like to check out the Ipsy Glam Bags for yourself.
Ipsy Invite

until next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment