July 8, 2014

(A Very Belated) May Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Soooo, I've had this sucker written out and saved to my drafts for over a month! Yes, that's right people...I have been keeping this post hidden away (by accident) to the point that it is almost irrelevant. But guess what? I'm posting it anyway because way back when I said I would do just that. So here it is people, a review of my Ipsy Glam Bag from 2 months ago! Enjoy.

May Ipsy Glam Bag
I was really excited for May's glam bag because of the theme "Beauty's Fresh Picks" which seemed to be very springy and natural, even down the super cute canvas bag which I loved.
My family put in a new pool in the backyard so I was super excited about the high SPF sunscreen, however, there's really nothing special about this particular one.
From the packaging I saw that it was a natural sport sunscreen, but I have a hard time believing either of those. Seeing as it claimed to be natural I expected a completely different experience than the sticky, runny mess that was this sunscreen. Deserving of a thumbs down from me. 

On the upside of things I have thoroughly enjoyed the Pur-lisse moisturizer as it is so light that it is the perfect summer moisturizer that helps me make it through those hot nights that just provoke the oily side of my combo skin. 

Unfortunately, I have yet to come to a complete verdict on the Hey, Honey peel off mask aside from the fact that it is not what I expected on the formulation. A mask called Hey, Honey should probably smell like honey, don't ya think? Well, not this one. Which was a huge disappointment, so much so that I have yet to want to even use the mask again. 

This Pacifica eye shadow duo is out of this world. The palest color turns out to be a iridescent pink when swatched making it the perfect highlight or top color. It should come as no surprise that I love the gold color too because I am obsessed with gold eye shadow. Great for blue eyes. Love it. (Side Note: this little buddy actually shattered just a few days ago which made me extremely sad. I might have to look into picking up a new one.) 
I love microdermabrasions! I just love them! 
This one is no different...well, actually it's a lot different because this one is amazing! I love that it's a thicker formula, it smells amazing, it's all natural, and it is a seriously amazing scrub. I suffer from some serious combo skin that leaves my t-zone oily and tons of dry spots all over that just sprout up randomly so that the battle against rough skin is a tough one...which is made a heck of a lot easier with this gentle but hard working scrub.

All in all I think this was a pretty decent glam bag. If you want to check out Ipsy for yourself or even to subscribe to next month's bag click the link below!


Until next time, darlings.
xo
Merisa

PS: I cannot say again how sorry I am for withholding this post from you guys, I promise it was a complete accident and next month's review will be coming out shortly, I swear.
I love you guys and hope you are all having an amazing summer so far! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment