July 23, 2014

Sephora, Lush, and More Haul!

Something happened a few weeks ago.
I took a look around and realized that I had not spent a dime on anything other than bills and absolute essentials in over a month...and well, that's just no fun. So, I decided to splurge a little and treat myself.
I thought long and hard about what I wanted to spend my money on and after filling "dream carts" on like 8 different websites I decided on Lush.

And as you may or may not know (I did not)...Lush products are made in Canada, freaking British Columbia, Canada which is on the west coast aka really far away from me. So as I waited for my package to arrive I started to get kinda antsy. One thing lead to another and I found myself clicking the checkout button on Sephora's site. 

Unfortunately, for my bank account, it does not end there...
I was just minding my own business, checking my email when I stumble across one from American Eagle and rather than just delete it, I was caught by the promise of a major sale.
All of their clearance was now 50% off as part of an extended Fourth of July sale.
"Let's just give it a look," I tell myself.
Like an hour later I was staring down the words "Your order is being processed" on my screen. Uh oh. 

That's okay though because we're just gonna say this post makes it worth it.

When my package from Lush finally arrived I was so excited I ripped into it immediately, 
as you do.


I picked up the Mask of Magnaminty, Pink Bath Bomb, Superworld Unknown solid perfume, and the Dorothy bubble bar which was so cute I just had to use it ASAP. The Mask of Magnaminty has been on my Lush Wish List for a long time just because it's billed as the "ultimate face mask" and I can see why. So far, I've used this mask all over once and as a spot treatment on blemishes twice. It seems to work better than some drugstore masks that I've tried which is good because I was worried about the small size of the tub compared to bottles that those masks came in considering the price. But with 4.4 oz fitting inside such a compact container, I'm definitely getting my money's worth. It smells heavenly and I love that it can also be used to exfoliate naturally because in case you didn't know microbeads used in a lot of drugstore exfoliates are actually harmful to the environment (Read More about it in this article from Refinery29).

I can't wait to use the Pink Bath Bomb because it was inspired by Audrey Hepburn and is meant to smell of vanilla and tonka bean which to me just spells "relaxation."
Superworld Unknown was such a hard pick for me. I knew that I wanted to try a perfume from Lush and I figured a solid perfume would be a good way to go but I was so scared about picking one from description alone. "This scent is a merry-go-round of sensory experience. Sweet neroli and cocoa bring fluffy pink cotton candy to mind, while rose and sandalwood keep your feet on the ground," seems promising enough right? I was intrigued by the thoughts of fluffy pink cotton candy because that's what Paris Hilton's Can Can brings to mind and I absolutely loved that scent when I was younger (no shame) and I know that I like rose and sandalwood so might as well give it a try. Well, I've used it quite a bit (I even have it on now) and honestly, I still don't know how I feel. I don't know where they get cotton candy from but it does remind me of a day spent outside at a fair possibly. 
I do like this scent for just wearing around this house during my lazy days though. I don't know if that says a lot in it's favor.

How cute is this Dorothy Bubble Bar?! Bubble Bars have got to be my favorite products from Lush and this one was no exception. I loved how soft my skin felt after I pulled myself from the bath (because I definitely did not want to get out) but I always seem to mess up with the bubble making process of using a bubble bar. I didn't experience the fluffy clouds of bubbles or the vibrant blue water that was promised. :( 

While looking through Sephora's site I decided to just break down and pick up some products that I have been pining over for quite a while. I. Regret. NOTHING.

I had heard really great things about the Origins Active Charcoal Mask but I wasn't totally prepared to pay $24 for a face mask. Well, the Sephora gods shined down and I discovered that the same mask could be purchased in a sort of sampler pack of 4 individual mask podsI love the way this masks feels on my face but I'm not entirely sold on the idea that it is actually drawing impurities out of my skin but I have only used one pod so far and I will be sure to keep you updated as I test it further. We all know how much I love my multi-purpose rose salve and seeing as my tin was getting dangerously low I decided to try out the Smith's Rosebud Salve since it was the same price as the CO Bigelow Rose Salve that has popped up in so many posts before. I'm still working on my last tin so I haven't actually tried this one yet but I did discover that Smith's only features 3 ingredients while CO's has quite a few and some that are those scary unpronounceable kind.

So I just decided that the next 3 products will most definitely be apart of my July Favorites so all I'm going to say about the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, Josie Maran Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil, and Clean Skin perfume is that they are life changing and most definitely worth the splurge. Keep a look out for a more in depth look at all of these products very soon. 

Like I mentioned before, I just couldn't stay away from the epic deals of 1/2 off clearance items on American Eagle's website. I got all of the items pictured below plus 2 shirts (I forgot that they were in the wash, oops) for under $30! That's crazy! Who doesn't love a good yoga pant style legging? Definitely not me and I have been looking to try out a printed legging so I thought these cool grey ones would be a pretty safe option. Yes, that is underwear you're seeing (fresh from the package, don't worry). I'm not entirely sure why I chose to include them other than the fact that I did purchase them at the same time so they are technically a part of this haul but I love Aerie undies and the lace band makes them super comfy fyi. Sunglasses are an obvious summer staple but a sunglasses case is something that is essential but not often thought of so I just had to get my hands on this soft gold pouch. I especially love how it matches my beloved Kate Spade bag. I'm a sucker for neon pink and I just thought this neon tassel necklace was such a fun accessory for summer. 

I hope you guys have enjoyed this look into my spending habits. ;)
Leave me a comment below letting me know what you've splurged on recently or what you're saving up for, I'd love to hear it!

until next time,
xo
Merisa

No comments:

Post a Comment